Earlier in the month. I went to a conference with the three teachers in Bella's classroom. As I sat there, they gushed about her abilities, her personality, and her spirit.
There was a stock of 2' x 3' papers that had student painting on them, and I figured each child had done one. But I was informed that one belonged to another student, and the rest - about 15 - were done by Bella. One of her teachers who has an art background said Bella will go to the easel, get paint on a brush, and two minutes later have a picture of flowers, sun, bird, ocean, whatever worked out. She said other students like to gather around and watch her paint. The teacher said she likes to watch her paint, that Bella has painterly movements and brush strokes, and is confident in her ability to create a scene or image on paper.
The teachers also said Bella loves to help the younger students in the room. Whether it be helping them get ready for nap time or rubbing their backs to help them go to sleep, or whether she is showing them how to do some work in the room or trying to explain how everything will be OK if they are scared or sad. They also noted that she likes to observe older students in the room do the more sophisticated work, and then ask if she can try that work, too.
The teachers said Bella is good about saying "excuse me" when she wants their attention, and doesn't call their names repeatedly. Her fine motor skills and hand/eye coordination are outstanding. She is working on writing all the time, loves to write stories and notes, and is a popular student with all the others. The teachers consider her one of the leaders in class.
I write all this not to boast or brag, though we are very proud of Bella. But I want to preserve these comments and her progress, as that is one of the reasons I started this blog about four years ago.
2 comments:
You two have got to be bursting with pride! What a lovely, well-rounded and beautiful child. I so enjoy reading the adventures of Bella and I'm glad this little door is open to me.
She is precious and so smart, just like her parents!
Post a Comment