Forgot to mention that a few weeks ago when Bella and her dad were home alone one weekend afternoon, I asked her out of the blue if she wanted to play and seek. She did. So I explained the rules to her simply: you go hide somewhere in the house and daddy will stay here and count to 10; and when he finishes then he will come look for you. Easy enough.
Well, she wanted daddy to go hide first. So I told her to stay in the den, close her eyes and count to 10. She closed her eyes and said "one" and then opened her eyes and kept counting, as I reminded her to close her eyes and snuck into our bedroom. I just knelt down behind the bed, someplace she would go during the normal course of the day. Well, when she finished counting to whatever number she ended up at, she started walking around looking for me. After a few moments, I could tell she was getting a bit worried that her daddy was not in plain view, so I moved over close to the door to the bedroom and called her name a few times. She found me after another minute to so, and then it was my turn to count.
So I counted and she went to hide. When I said "ready or not, here I come," Bella said "Otay, here I am." She was in our bedroom in the same spot I had been.
Then I went to hide and stood behind the door to her bathroom. She found me pretty easily actually. I think she may have cheated and watched me walk down the hall. When I was charged with finding her the next time, she again told me where she was and she was again in the same spot in our bedroom. This continued for a few rounds until we grew tired of it.
When Jen got home, she and Bella went to hide and they did a very good job of hiding. This was mostly due to Jen covering Bella's mouth every time she wanted to tell her daddy where she was. But I found them eventually!
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's what Millie does too. And I tell her, "You're not supposed to tell me where you are, silly." But she loves playing hide and seek.
Post a Comment