The second time was a charm for Bella. I dropped her off at 8:20, and went to meet Jen at a huge consignment sale to buy clothes, toys, and such. I turned my phone ringer on high to make sure I'd hear it when Bella's teacher called. But the phone didn't ring. I raced home after we had done our damage at the sale - cha-ching! - and checked the home phone for missed calls in case she called that number and not my cell phone. But no missed calls.
I took a shower, got out and checked for missed calls. Still nothing, and it was 11:30. So I started cleaning up from breakfast, and the phone rang. It was Bella's school. A-ha! But her teacher simply wanted to know if it was OK for Bella to have pizza for lunch. OK? She'll chomp pizza! So I had lunch, and did a little artwork, and some more cleaning, and the phone rang again at 2:15 saying Bella was ready to be picked up.
So she made it through the morning in class, played with another child on the playground, ate a bunch of pizza and took a nap on the mats with the other kids. Her teacher said she cried a few times, but not as bad as the day before. She was happy to see me, and we went to the toy park to play for an hour and then went to the Dancing Goat coffee shop for a donut treat.
Her mom and I are so proud of Bella, and can't wait to see what [drumroll please] her second week of school is like!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hip-Hip-Hooray! Hip-Hip-Hooray! Hip-Hip-Hooray for Bella! She is starting a new chapter in her life. It's scary but oh so exciting!
What goodies did you score at the consignment shop???
Post a Comment