
I guess it boils down to the fact that our ceilings just aren't interesting enough. Not just our ceilings, but mankind's ceilings all over the world. How many of us spend more than a passing moment looking at our ceilings? OK, maybe the Sistine Chapel is a glaring exception. But for the most part, ceilings aren't meant to be studied for an hour a day.
So it's easy to imagine that after four months of being on her back, staring up at ceilings Isabella Rose got bored with them. Sure, she is transfixed by ceiling fans when she sees one rotating. But even they get old after a few minutes. No, it was time for Isabella to study new dimensions of her world and 9:45 a.m. on Friday, May 2, 2008 was the time.
I put her on her back on her playmat and left to go check my e-mail. What a good dad I am! I heard her talking and kicking and obviously exerting herself in her room from where I sat. And, being the aforementioned good dad that I am, I went to check on her to make sure she was having fun. Lo and behold - she was on her stomach! She had turned herself over.
A few hours later while she was in her crib fighting off a nap, she did it again. I didn't see either event, but was surprised each time I walked into her room and saw her on her belly, holding her head up and looking at the world in a new way.
It's all over, I thought to myself at the time. She's growing up, and we're going to have to keep our eyes on this one. Isabella is hitting her teenage months!
No comments:
Post a Comment