Thursday, May 28, 2009

NEW CHALLENGES

Well, Bella went back to the doctor yesterday and the good news is: she no longer has an ear infection! Both ears are clear! So that's good. The bad news is: all the antibiotics have given her a yeast infection and she has caught the foot and mouth virus. Fortunately, I guess, she is out of school anyway this week as the Decatur Montessori school year ended last week and she returns on June 1. So I was going to be at home with her anyway this week, but things are little more interesting than I had planned.

However, this hasn't stopped us from going to the pool at the YMCA where I'm proud to report she climbed out of the pool from a depth of 1.5 feet. She also enjoyed walking in the deepest part of the kiddie section - two feet. We spent an hour in the water the first day, mostly walking around and watching other kids play and some adults swim laps.

And thanks to her grandparents, Izzy & Bud, Bella has discovered those shopping carts at the grocery store that have plastic race cars in front of them. We were walking into a Kroger after the doctor's appointment yesterday, and she saw one of those carts and would not go into the store any other way. I have to admit, it was easier to push than I thought and Bella did enjoy herself.

Bella also now enjoys sitting in the real car. Once we get home, she likes to move to the front seats to act like she's driving, explore the various cubby holes and generally hang out. Huh.

A friend got Bella a book with animals singing the "If you're happy and you know it..." song, and I quickly realized that she knows that song Maybe they sing it at school? But she knows to clap her hands, stomp her feet, and say "hooray" at the appropriate times.

Oh, and Jen and I figured out that when she was saying "nobody" last week, she was more than likely saying "no biting." We imagine she's heard that said at school, as well. Though she doesn't bite, but we are trying to teach her not to hit/slap. And after spending the weekend with Izzy & Bud and their phone, she can now say "no messages," too.

Our camera is on the fritz - after only two years?! - so here's some great shots Izzy & Bud took last weekend. Apparently, Bella's Grandbuddy was helping her make faces.



1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Poor Bella. She's not going to the pool now with the hand, foot and mouth disease? Sounds like she is a busy-bee!